Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel and follow my blog:
Learning how to build and install a wall frame will act as a guide. Which in turn will save you time and money when building projects. The method I show is a very simple and easy way to understand the concept behind the most commonly build dry laid stone structures in the US a retaining wall.
There are several different styles and methods to building a wall frame. This is the one which I find works the best for me.
Recap - A 1:6 Batter is a very common batter. For every 6" up the wall comes in 1".
Height of wall (36") -:- by batter (6) = 6", other examples 48" -:- 5 (1:5 batter) = 9.6"
- Level or straightedge
- Tape measure
- Marking device (shown is chalk pencil found in welding section home improvement store)
-Screw gun or screw driver
- Wire cutters
- Rebar (+ safety cap or a water bottle works well)
- Level small
- Wood = 1"x4" or 2"x4" I prefer the 1x4 since you can easily hammer a the rod next to it. Plus wrap the wire and tie strings to them.
- Wire, found in home improvement store in rebar section with concrete forming supplies.
- String line
- Binder Clips ("spring clips") Medium works well on the rebar rods.
How to tie a string line