Four Basic Principles
1) Length running into the wall
2) Cover the joints
3) Pack from the inside
4) Lay stones level
Five Golden Rules:
1) Lay one stone and pack it.
2) Lay five stones, stand back and look.
3) Build to the line, not above it.
4) Move lines up according to height of stone.
5) Don't hammer on the wall.
If you have never had the chance to take a workshop you should! You can be a first timer or an experienced stone mason. Workshops are a great way to continue to educate yourself or your crews. It's never too late to learn.
Learn the 4 basic principles and the 5 golden rules of dry stone. Hand signs created and shown by Dale Mitchell (Mitchell Landscapes, LLC NC) . To learn more about up coming workshops visit The Stone Trust.